Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First I have to do a shout out to my AMAZING sisters and mom!!! They threw an AWESOME baby shower this weekend in Snowflake!!!!! Lots of people came and we got way too many cute outfits. Ashley even said," You didn't even get anything ugly!" And boy was she right! I loved seeing everyone and it was nice just sitting back and relaxing. So Miss Kimee Tink.....we have all the clothes you'll ever need plus a few extra, the cutest headbands, the warmest socks, the smelliest lotion, the cuddliest blankets, so {YOU CAN COME ANY DAY!!!!!!!} Thank you to everyone who came too. I appreciate it more than you will ever know. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

School is kicking my trash....I know, B has way more classes than I do and he is doing fantastic at getting his homework done. He comes home from work and sits at the table and won't stop until he's all done. Last night we were up til 11:00 so he could finish. That's all great and fine but....when I'm used to having my hubby all to myself and him rubbing my feet every night, a girl gets a bit down when he can't do that any more. Yes, a very sad face!!! But I am so proud of him and glad that he is choosing homework over....[me]

Yesterday Jack's dad asked me if I could do an over night thing with Jack on a Friday night so that the mom could have a break before I was gone for a while. I said sure and he told me to take a look at my calendar and let him know which Friday worked best. I ONLY HAVE FOUR MORE FRIDAYS TIL MY DUE DATE!!!! Let's just say it wasn't hard to pick one.

Kimee Tink actually said good morning the B this morning! This NEVER happens! He was leaving for class and I was laying in bed. He put his hand on my tummy and she jumped!! Maybe that's what actually happened....he scared her!!! Regardless, he loved it and started giggling and said,"Well good morning Kimee Tink!"

I am so pumped about Kimee's blessing dress. We decided to try to find her Grandma Tink's blessing dress so it could be worn. B found several dresses in Tink's cedar chest and Granny Lapriel couldn't remember which one was her blessing dress. So we're just going with the one that doesn't have any holes and of course it's a gorgeous off white one made completely of lace!! It is super pretty! There are a couple of places where the seams are coming undone but my mom said that would be an easy fix so we left it with her and we're crossing our fingers! I hope Grandma Tink approves. She is greatly missed. I don't know if it's my pregnant hormones or what but I cry almost every day because I miss her. I am sad my kids won't know her. I'm sad she's watching from the other side. I'm sad that Les isn't happy. I wish she were here. She was an amazing lady and she loved the kiddos. I'm glad that she is B's mom. She taught him so much and he has nothing but good things to say about her and I believe every word. I hope I can be like her in alot of ways. I hope Kimee Tink remembers who she is named after and takes it to heart. Two grandmas who love and serve and love God. What an inspiration to be the best that you can be. I hope I'm up to the task of teaching her.....I guess I better learn fast if I'm not!!!

What could be better than where we are right now??? Nothing. Each day if full of promise and trials and happiness and stress and determination but I lay my head down every night with a smile on my face, a rounded belly that reminds me constantly that I have a bundle of joy waiting and a kiss from my husband on my cheek. What could be better than that? Nothing....

1 comment:

  1. BRAT! you made me cry. lol But we both know that isn't to hard these days. Love you girl. Can't wait for your baby shower here and can't wait to see Kimmy Tink. She will have so many people that love love love her!

    ReplyDelete