Thursday, October 20, 2011

DINNER WAS A SUCCESS!!!

I have to post about a delicious meal I made last night!  It does not happen often enough so for my husband to text me today saying "I"m craving CAULIFLOWER pizza!!!!!"  it's a pretty big deal.  That's right ya'll!!!

CAULIFLOWER PIZZA  

Mr. J is a BIG pizza fan.  If he gets to choose what our date night dinner is, he always {ALWAYS} says pizza.  We got a pizza last week and after we both looked at eachother and groaned....yuck I feel awful for eating that!!!  The solution??
CAULIFLOWER PIZZA!!!!

2 cup riced cauliflower (riced cauliflower is like grated up cauliflower.  I almost did a whole head of cauliflower in a blender but be careful not to do it too much and make mush.)
1 .5-2 cup shredded mozzarella
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp Italian herbs
-you can also brush some melted butter on top to give it a more browned crispiness
That's the recipe....easy easy!!  After 'grating' the cauliflower, put it in the microwave for 8 minutes.  No need to add any water.  I only put a tiny bit of butter around the edges.  I rolled mine a little too thin.  Cook it at 450 degrees for 10 minutes then 350 til it's how brown and crispy you want it.  I topped with some spaghetti  sauce, cheese, deli turkey, and pineapple.  And let me tell you, it was YUMMO!!!  I didn't tell Brandon what it was made of until after he had a few bites, and he would have NEVER guessed.

CAULIFLOWER PIZZA??!!

Seriously it's really good.  And cost effective.  I spent about $6 on all the ingredients and I swear, this was twice as good as a $5 hot and ready.  Plus we can have it every night if B wants and I won't feel like a porker.  When you tell your family what they're really eating, they'll never believe you.  We're eating...

CAULIFLOWER PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. wow.. I will have to try that sometime! That does sound pretty good!

    ReplyDelete